Why do we use only 100% organic Arabica beans? To explain ourselves, let's go over some basic facts about Arabica and Robusta beans.
Arabica and Robusta: Fast Facts
- Smooth and sweet in taste.
- Grown in high altitudes with cooler climates.
- Costs twice as much to produce than Robusta, as Arabica plants are more susceptible to pests and disease.
- Harsh and bitter in taste. Some have even likened the taste to “burnt rubber”.
- Easy to grow, can be grown in low altitudes.
- Resistant to pests and cheaper to produce than Arabica beans.
- Higher caffeine levels than Arabica.
Why we Choose Organic Arabica Beans
We choose to use Arabica beans because we are committed to great taste. Although Arabica beans are harder to produce and cost about twice as much as Robusta, we find the taste and quality of Arabica to be far better than Robusta. That’s why we will never cut our Arabica blends with Robusta beans just to cut down on costs. We only use 100% organic Arabica beans so that you can make the best tasting and highest quality cup of coffee.